Mumbai: ICICI Bank Ltd., India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, announced the launch of a credit facility against home loans for salaried customers. Christened ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’, this offering helps a salaried customer to seek loans upto Rs. 1 crore for personal needs against his/her property. This innovative offering provides customers with the dual advantage of a term loan and an overdraft facility. While the term loan provides customers with quick funds for immediate needs, the overdraft facility offers them the flexibility to access funds instantly for expenses, as and when required.
They can use the funds for an array of personal requirements including education, medical treatment, home renovation, marriage and overseas travel among others.
Key features of ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’:
- Amounts available – Minimum Rs. 5 lakh; maximum Rs. 1 crore
- Combination of term loan and overdraft facility – Customers can avail minimum 10% of the total amount as term loan and maximum 90% as overdraft
- Interest charging method – For term loan, equated monthly instalment (EMI) will be applicable. For overdraft, interest is charged only on the utilised amount for the period the funds are used.
- Flexibility of sweep in and reverse sweep facility – The overdraft account will be linked to the customers’ savings account. In the sweep-in facility, money will be seamlessly made available in the savings account from the overdraft account, as and when the customer requires it. Similarly, in the reverse-sweep facility, excess funds available in the savings account will be swept back into the overdraft account, thus reducing the interest cost of the customer.
- Eligibility – Salaried individuals who have a home loan and a salary account with ICICI Bank are eligible to apply for the ‘Home Overdraft’ facility. Also, salaried borrowers of preferred corporates who do not have home loans with ICICI Bank can transfer their home loans to the bank to avail this service.
Anup Saha, Senior General Manager & Head- Retail Secured Assets, ICICI Bank commented on the initiative: “ICICI Bank catalysed the growth of mortgage lending in the country by taking home loans to smaller towns, making applications easier for the borrowers by offering them doorstep services and leveraging technological advancements for enabling quicker disbursements. Today, we have moved a step ahead with the launch of ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’ that aims to provide our salaried customers the flexibility of quick access to funds against their home property. We believe this proposition will add more value to our customers by helping them cater to their personal needs. Going forward, we aim to introduce more such innovative solutions that provide more convenience and flexibility to our customers and help them fulfill their aspirations.”
To apply for the ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’ facility, customers can visit any bank branch or apply on its website.
To know more on ‘ICICI Bank Home Overdraft’, visit http://www.icicibank.com/homeoverdraft
ICICI Bank services its large customer base through a multi-channel delivery network of branches, ATMs , call center, internet banking (www.icicibank.com), mobile banking, banking on Facebook & Twitter and ‘PocketsbyICICIBank’ the country’s first digital bank on mobile.
MORE FROM BUSINESS:
(This story has not been edited by Navyug Sandesh Group and is published from a syndicated feed.)