Bengaluru(Agency): Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced the availability of HPE StormRunner Load, a SaaS offering for performance and load testing on AWS Marketplace.
HPE StormRunner Load is one of the first solutions to support SaaS Subscriptions on AWS Marketplace, and will help developers strengthen the quality and delivery of applications via a simple, intuitive and highly scalable platform. When used in conjunction with HPE Mobile Center and HPE AppPulse Suite, developers will have access to a complete set of solutions that cover the spectrum of application delivery challenges from testing to deployment to monitoring.
The continued adoption of web and mobile applications has led to the need for businesses to deliver error-free applications at breakneck speeds. The complexity of these apps, coupled with the need to scale across multiple platforms, increases their vulnerability to performance issues. Agile teams require new tools to stay ahead of the game and deliver smart apps with speed, quality and scale.
“HPE StormRunner Load is a leading offering for web and mobile performance testing, which developers depend on for easy cloud-based testing,” said Dave McCann, Vice President AWS Marketplace and Catalog Services, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Our customers want easy-to-use SaaS solutions like HPE StormRunner Load that are available for immediate purchase in AWS Marketplace. Its addition reinforces our commitment to offering low-friction application development tools that holistically empower developers.”
HPE StormRunner Load is a performance testing solution that offers DevOps teams using cloud vendors, such as AWS, a seamless and cost-effective set of capabilities to scale up and test in production-like settings. The end result for customers are high-performing apps, which provide high-quality user experiences and ensure the customers brand is protected.
Key feature capabilities and updates to HPE StormRunner Load include:
- AWS Marketplace Listing – Enables app development teams to easily consume cloud services – powered by analytics – and scale up and monitor usage using an existing AWS account.
- Hybrid Cloud Support – Facilitates the testing of internal and external applications by spinning up load generators in the AWS cloud, or by using Docker-based load generators from a private cloud.
- Open Architecture Integration – Supports a multitude of open source tools including JMeter and Gatling, and is compatible with a wide variety of HPE and non-HPE monitoring tools.
- Enhanced User Management – Streamlines tagging and usage reporting to manage multiple projects, while optimizing cost and effectiveness.
“Enterprise developers are under increasing pressure to deliver high-quality products that function as expected – at the scale needed to achieve strategic organizational goals,” said Saurabh Saxena, Country Director, Software, Hewlett Packard Enterprise India. “As revenues from applications continue to grow, the need for powerful testing solutions that ensure high-quality performance is intensified. The availability of HPE StormRunner Load on AWS Marketplace helps developers harness the power of an analytics-driven, performance testing solution to find and optimize performance bottlenecks while keeping up with diminishing delivery cycle times.”
“The availability of HPE StormRunner Load on the AWS Marketplace helps companies like us harness a scalable performance testing solution powered by analytics. We can easily find potential issues, fix them quickly, and deliver our platform with confidence,” said Raziel Tabib, CEO of Codefresh (@RazielTabib), a startup that provides continuous delivery and collaboration platform for containers and micro services. “StormRunner Load integrates with our CI/CD processes and allows us to scale up very high and test in production-like settings. We can now consume it directly through AWS Marketplace, while managing our costs with single billing statement.”
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Solutions Enhance Application Development on AWS
For organizations to deliver high quality applications, Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers a comprehensive portfolio of testing and monitoring solutions on AWS enabling users to deliver cutting-edge applications with increased speed, quality and scale. These include:
- HPE Mobile Center – An integrated software development testing suite designed to help organizations rapidly build, test, and deliver high-quality mobile applications across technologies. Leveraging HPE Fortify on Demand, and open source testing tools, HPE Mobile Center allows developers to cover any user scenario with a predictable and repeatable mechanism for testing, monitoring, and improving any mobile applications.
- HPE AppPulse Suite – Powered by HPE Haven OnDemand, the Suite provides developers flexibility and visibility into application performance by leveraging three SaaS-based modules:
- AppPulse Mobile – Monitors Android and iOS mobile app user experience with a codeless and tagless hassle-free set up. Deep dive analytics of the user experience and fast visibility to the root cause of mobile app issues at the code level.
- AppPulse Trace – Offers performance monitoring and transaction tracing for Mobile and Web applications. End-to-end application visibility to isolate problems at the line of code, correlated with the user experience.
- AppPulse Active – Provides synthetic web application performance monitoring to instantly view user experiences on websites, mobile apps and cloud applications before production.
Availability and Additional Information
HPE StormRunner Load is available now for purchase on AWS Marketplace with a pay-as-you-go license model, based on Virtual User Hours. The latest versions HPE Mobile Center and HPE AppPulse Suite (Active, Mobile and Trace) are also available to purchase via HPE.com.